Rest Assured – We work with just about any file type on your custom printing order!
We will take every effort possible to make sure we turn your design into a high quality screen printing or digital print. When working with artwork for screen printing orders, it is always best to start with as good of file as possible. This helps us retain detail and replicate that detail as best as possible for silk screen t shirt designs. The guidelines below are a great place to start so we can be sure to have the best final printed t-shirt possible.
Vector Artwork is Our Favorite!
We love vector artwork for your screen printing or digital printing orders because we can easily scale your image up to be as big as an all over printing. When you blow it up, it doesn’t pixilate like some the other file types. Vector Art is art that is built (actually drawn) in a vector or object based program such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Corel Draw or Macromedia Freehand. Each object in vector file can be selected and individually manipulated independently from the rest of the image. When providing such files, it is important to convert fonts to curves or create outlines for all text used. When you provide us a file that is not in vector format, we will often times redraw it so we can make it nice and big for a full front but retain clean/neat edges.
ACCEPTABLE FILE TYPES
- Adobe Illustrator (.ai)
- Adobe Photoshop (.psd)
- Vector (.eps or .svg)
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Tagged Image File Format (.tiff)
We require all files to be in Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop. Adobe Photoshop files must be at least 300 dpi and must contain the layers. If done in illustrator make sure text is converted to outlines. We will NOT proceed with the order if artwork is of poor quality.
- Please provide files at 100% or larger of printed size. For acceptable sizes, see Standard Imprint Areas below. If you’re submitting Photoshop files, create them at 300 ppi.
- Standard Imprint Areas for Shirts
- Full Front or Big Back (adult): up to 15″ wide x 19″ high).
- Full Front or Big Back (youth): up to 9″ wide x 9″ high
- Left Chest: up to 5″ square
- Adult Long Sleeve: up to 3.5″ wide x 13″ long
- Short Sleeve: up to 3.5″ square
THINGS TO AVOID
- DO NOT send us files 72 ppi or smaller
- DO NOT apply trapping to your art
- DO NOT send files from the web (GIF, JPG)
- DO NOT take an image like a JPG or PNG and try to make them larger, they will just pixelate
Any custom artwork that is designed by Ink Dawgz LLC will be quoted prior to any work being started. Once pricing is agreed upon you will receive a proof in 1-3 Business days. You will have 2 free revisions to your artwork. If more modifications need to be made after your 2 modifications, a new price will be determined for completion of your custom artwork.
You as the customer agree that any artwork provided to Ink Dawgz LLC is yours to use and that no copyright infringement has occurred.